Friday 3 June 2011

Shopping Mall

Another vintage type card, I love these two ladies from a Crafty Individuals stamp, think they are having a good gossip ! I was looking at Brenda's blog the other night and saw the lovely book she had done for Gingersnap  as a designer, the challenge on there is At the mall, well this is my vintage take on a shopping mall. Its a copy of an old book page and was an actual shop in Knaresborough,North Yorks, just added some vintage paper, distress inks and a couple of bits from another CI stamp plate,I wish I had not added the pink gems at the top corner but they are well and truly stuck so had to stay.There were also a lot of challenges listed on Brenda's blog so am off to see if any of them are still open.

1. Papercrafting journey   - anything goes
2. Paper sundaes              - vintage/shabby chic
3. Dream valley challenges - stamp something
4. Gingersnap Creations - At the mall

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful and classy shopping trip Joan. So pleased you are playing with us at Gingersnaps. Enjoy the weekend. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just fabulous Joan, I love how you have taken the 2 ladies and added them to a shop front - very inspirational. I think the gems help to take your eye around the paper so that you see the whole design easily (see I am using my Claudine Hellmuth teaching here!). Thanks for mentioning me and I am pleased you have been able to use my pieces to spark off your own - that's what our art is all about.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful vintage card Joan - you have created a fabulous scene, and all the elements work so well together. Lovely to see another "Yorkshire girl" in blogland too!!

    Have a happy weekend - hugs, Sylvia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfectly vintage & such a great scene! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another pretty vintage creation Joan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! That black and white background and then the colored images really pop! Thanks for joining in this week at Paper Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Joan, those ladies look real elegant. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful piece, great images.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is a fab vintage card! I love the image, the ladies are so elegant! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley!

    luv, Mags x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous! Very creative! Love the vintage look and all the details. I wonder who they're dishin' about?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.