Wednesday 8 June 2011

Grace is Three

Go for the sunglasses to look at this card, bright or what !  Its for one of our Great Grandchildred, Grace, who is three today. Image is a free Molly Bloom stamp from a magazine, I bought the papers ages ago in a fit of madness because I thought they were sweet and then when I got them home I did wonder what ever I was going to do with them, anyhow thats some of them used up.  I have been messing about with Netty's acrylic paint backgrounds, apart from the first ones where I forgot about spraying the paint with water (duh !! ) there are some interesting results , I do like the crackle effect, I did try to rush the drying with a heat gun but the surface of the photo paper started to bubble and the paint was disappearing fast so have had to be patient and wait for them to dry naturally.  I have also started to make a bunch of atcs as I seem to "owe" swaps to everyone again, just cut up a few sheets of inky background papers from the never ending file of them and stamped some backgrounds etc ready for adding more bits and pieces, inspiration about nil tonight so off to bed and maybe I'll be more creative tomorrow ? or not !

3 comments:

  1. What a great card I have these stamps too but love what you have done with them it fab
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific card for your great grand-daughter, she is going to adore this wonderful bright card.
    Had to laugh about your paint squishings, you definitely have to be patient, its best if you leave them overnight to dry...... Look forward to seeing how you used them. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Joan, the colours are just right for your little one. I've yet to try Netty's paint technique, guess I will get it everywhere. Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.