Tuesday 23 April 2013

Blue

Another new stamp to play with, gift from a friend for my birthday. I know they are poppies but somehow I just wanted them to be blue so I'm saying they are Himalayan poppies,which are blue(now I'm not sure if that's spelt right?) Background is blue and lilac pans,poppies coloured with water colour pencils. I spent ages looking for a quote but nothing seemed appropriate until I came across this old ,well used and loved Hero stamp which I have had for ever.  I have been so used to using 6" square cards that I am struggling a bit with these 5x7 rectangles but some of my new stamps are really too big for the square cards and as I have a considerable stash of different sizes of card blanks its time I started to use some of them up. Quite a simple card but it's such a lovely stamp I didn't want to detract from it.

Fashionable Stamping Challenge - Sentiments

11 comments:

  1. This is far too pretty! Everything is so very elegant and so very soothing to look at. I love the peacefulness of this card and how it matches the sentiment so beautifully. Thankyou for joining in the fun at Fashionable Stamping Challenges this fortnight.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The poppies look lovely in blue Joan, it's one of my wish list, Indigo Blue I think ?

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joan, I always seem to colour mine in red but I LOVE the blue on your beautiful card! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card Joan and the poppies are perfect coloured blue, I love them. Thanks for linking to Fashionable Stamping Challenges this fortnight.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this saying, your card looks fabulous. Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful blue poppies and I love the sentiment. Thank you for joining us at FSC this time
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Joan,
    This is a lovely card and a beautiful stamp and sentiment. Love the blue poppies. (Got this stamp at GNP - need to ink it up!)
    Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've also bought that stamp, it's gorgeous. Beautiful coloring.. I actually like the blue! LOVE the sentiment!
    Thanks for sharing at FSC!

    xxx Ellie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The perfect saying and those poppies are beautiful..really pretty card, thanks so much for sharing with us at FSC..Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Die Karte ist ein Traum...wunderschön.
    Und den Stempel liebe ich auch sehr.

    Sophie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love the background colors! What a pretty card and flowers! Thank you for joining us at FSC!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.