Saturday 31 August 2013

messy owl

well I almost didn't post this as it's a bit of a mess, I've messed about all night trying to do something for the Alpha/dictionary challenge, nothing inspired me about the letter O.  I tried to do something with an oak tree stamp and leaf stamp, binned all those attempts, spent ages rooting about in stamps ,nothing appealed, finally found my steampunk owl and decided he would have to do! I started to colour him with distress markers which I have had for a while and never used but they were a disaster so he's a bit of a funny colour, couldn't get them to blend at all , decided I don't like them and will go back to my favourite colouring medium of water colour paints and pencils which I've used for years. Anyhow here is my fat book page for the Craft Barn Alpha/dictionary challenge Letter O

5 comments:

  1. Don't be so hard on yourself - hes a lovely old steampunk owl and you finished a page in time. Its always disappointing when a product doesn't perform the first time you use it, but do try again when things are going according to plan. A fab 'O' page nontheless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Carol, above, he is a lovely old owl and he looks quite fetching in his steampunk gear. It took me a while to get to grips with the distress markers, in the end I put some on my craft sheet and used a water brush and that worked quite well. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's a handsome owl, love this image. Its a fabulous fat page.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful !!!
    Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think he's gorgeous, a very dapper chap - and if you hadn't said we wouldn't have known about the blending problem. MMx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.