Follow by Email

Friday, 9 October 2015

Retro for Twofers

 
Nearly forgot to do the Twofers challenge this time, the theme is Retro and nothing immediately sprang to mind but last night I picked up a creative stamping magazine which had a sheet of 1950's stamps with it and it gave me an idea for a card.  Stamped the 50's housewife straight onto a piece of white card, stamped the star clusters from the same set and added some sparkles with glitter glue from the new Creative range from Once Upon A Stamp and it is really sparkly ! the banner and icecream sundae are Mollie Bloom stamps, again freebies, what a cheap skate I am  LOL !
There is still time to enter this challenge and there is a prize to be won ! Although it is called Twofers you only need to enter one item, have a go !
 
 

6 comments:

  1. A magazine with a sheet of retro stamps? I must have missed that one, I'm kicking myself now. I love this card and that shade of pink is perfect for the 1950s, it's a colour that seemed to be everywhere in my childhood. Even my favourite little kiddy-sized chair was that colour! Thanks for your continued support in sharing your great work at Twofers
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely work as always Joan, have a good weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a super stamp Joan, you seem to spot the good ones on the magazines. A fabulous retro card she looks like she is having fun.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where would any of us be without those cover stamps! I love your 1950's housewife those blues and pinks are perfect. Don't think it would be a Twofers challenge without an entry from you XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore this card! I have to thank you for championing our little challenge - you have been there for us since the very beginning - thank you SO much for your entry and I hope you continue to enter each challenge ~ xoxo Christi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see we had the same idea for Twofers, both of us using 1950s inspired housewives that are fabulous. But other than that our cards are quite different. You chose a beautiful soft color scheme. And isn't it a great feeling to use some of those freebies? I've used some too for these challenges, but not this time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.