Sunday 29 November 2015

Making a scene

 
I had my afternoon all planned, half an hour to put some inserts in a few Christmas cards I have made for my daughter, order a few things from Ebay and then write some cards, never plan your day or it will just turn into disaster.  I did do the inserts but Ebay ! it would not let me into my account ,took me an hour and a half to order some vitamin pills !.  Last night I tried to order some craft stuff from a site I use a lot, every time I got to the point of paying couldn't get anything to work, gave up and went to bed. Anyhow to get back to my card, I bought these Hobby Art stamps along with a lot more at Port Sunlight back in October and have never used them. I saw a challenge to make a scene so thought I'd give them a go. As I have been making my Christmas cards I have been "gutting" a lot of the bigger layers ,instead of just cutting a piece out I used the biggest of the stitched square dies so now I have quite a stack of them ready to use for other projects and used one  of them on here.
 
I'd like to enter my card into
 
Rudolph Day - Always a Christmas card
and
 
also here's a couple of cards I just made with scraps and bits and pieces left over from other projects
 
 
 
 
I seem to have run out of 6x6 card blanks so these are little 5x5 cards. The second one is a triple embossed tile that has been in my Christmas bits and bobs box for ages. I think the top stamped Santa
is from last year and I've layered him on more of the left over stitched squares. I would like to put these two into
Pixies Snippet Playground - anything goes- snippets
and
Jinglebelles - holiday leftovers.
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Three wonderful cards! The RD entry card is such a lovely scene. You have brought it to life.
    I too roll off some dies to store ahead for future use. That way I have dies precut for the days when my hands are too sore to use my Big Shot!

    Thanks for taking part in the November Rudolph Days Challenge and good luck in the prize draws.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these cards Joan - and what a great idea to gut out the centres using a die to build up a little stock. I tend to just think about the card in hand, no further. Although of course I do squirrel away tons of snippets :)

    Thanks for coming to play!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super collection of Crimbo cards Joan, I think the first has to be my fav, it has a lovely clean crisp feel to it.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three lovely festive cards here!

    Happy Rudolph Day!
    Hugs, Sarn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these cards Joan, but I do love the first one the most, I can just imagine looking out of the window at that gorgeous scene and wanting to go walking in the snow where no one else has walked like we did when we were kids love it..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards Joan and I especially love the image on the last one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three wonderful festive cards Joan, love the first one with the lovely postbox and robin.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. well *ALL* of these are gorgeous but of course i'm bound to say the santa one is my fave because it's such a brilliant use of that amazing tile piece... aren't you glad you saved it for just the right thing?! perfect additions to our buffet of delicious "holiday leftovers" at JINGLE BELLES! ♥a

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tile is so pretty ... so glad it finally found a creative home ... so very glad you joined us with your holiday leftovers at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.